[Support request] SEPA credit transfer possible state model?

No Support
4 posts

What are the possible “state” values for a sepa credit transfer? http://docs.fidor.de/#sepa-credit-transfer
In the API response the example shows a state “success”, when creating a test transfer in sandbox I get back a state of “received”.
Please help me understand the possible states and how they evolve.
Is it create a transfer -> state == “received” -> later poll the transfer and check if the state changed to “received”/”failure”? Or is it always possible to tell whether the tx succeeded or failed from the API response to create a sepa_credit_transfer?

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  j53k.

I have to apologize because you ran into two problems, that we are currently busy to fix:
1.) the documentation you referenced to is outdated. The new one can be found here http://api-docs.fidor.de/v1/transfers/create-sepa_credit_transfer – we’ll switch anytime soon.
2.) the current sandbox is also buggy and outdated. We are building a new one that might be available late in 2017 or early in 2018. For now, if possible please try to test specific behavior in the live system (e.g. by sending very small amounts), for larger scale tests and in particular for high volume settings with partner APIs we can also provide a dedicated test environment.

Going more into detail of the SEPA TX state, we right now only give back info on the local success of the transfer. So if the transfer fails at the remote bank, e.g. because a wrong account number was given, this will not change the status of the transfer. At least not in our current implementation.

Best regards
Stefan Weiß

Hi Stefan,
Thank you very much for the response.
I have some additional questions (before I test them out in production):

As I understand even if you say the transfer state is “success” it could still mean the recipient does not receive the money and the money does not leave the sender’s account. Is that correct?

Are the states success, expired, failure final states? Or can e.g. a transfer in state failure later move to state success?

Is the transfer’s state always received right after it was created? (i.e. in the HTTP response to the POST /sepa_credit_transfers request)

Assuming the previous is true, how long does it usually take for a transfer to move from a state received to success?

Do you provide any HTTP callbacks we could listen to be notified about a transfer’s new state or is the API user expected to periodically poll the GET /sepa_credit_transfers/{id} endpoint to see the new state?

If there are sepa_credit_transfers created manually in the web bank interface and not through the API, will they show up in the GET /sepa_credit_transfers endpoint?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  j53k.

Only in very rare cases the initial status is just “received” and not “success”. Then something get’s queued internally. This is the only situation when the status may change to “failure” later if “success” is not possible. In all other cases the status, once set does not change anymore.

“success” and the related “completed_backoffice_transfer_success” indicate that the payment request has been processed through all our systems. It also means that the money has been deducted from the payer’s account. After that there will be no change in status anymore. So IF there is a problem at the receiver’s bank that leads to a payback, there will be an additional transaction debiting the amount.

If you want to be sure about the status, you’ll have to poll the endpoint. We don’t have webhooks or alike yet.

If you do payments via the web frontend, they will show up in all payments related endpoints just the same as API initated payments.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Stefan Weiß.

You must be logged in to reply in this thread.